Work Related Injury

Construction Accident Attorney

You must notify your employer that you’ve suffered a work-related injury or illness, as it is the first step to initiating a Workers’ Compensation claim. The employer will have you fill out forms to be submitted to the insurance company. Some state define a clear time-frame for notifying your employer, while others state that it should be done as soon as possible. If you live in a state where the Workers’ Compensation claims are handled by a state agency, you must provide notice to the state agency that you intend to file a Workers’ Compensation claim.