Consult a medical malpractice attorney – It’s important that you schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable and experienced Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney before you do anything else. Contact Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC today at 470.268.5802 to schedule your free consultation.
it is often essential to get advice or representation from an Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney. Contact Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC today to schedule your free consultation. Call us at 470.268.5802. to talk to an expert.
Are you looking to file a Medical Malpractice Claim? You’ll need to get an Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney to make a successful medical malpractice claim. For more information contact Bobe and Snell Law LLC. Call us at 470.268.5802.
Medical Malpractice Claim
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim, Alpharetta, GA
You’ll need to get an Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney to make a successful medical malpractice claim. Remember that many states have additional procedural hoops for victims/plaintiffs.
You may be required to jump through many procedural hoops along the way if you are thinking about filing a medical malpractice claim. Pre-suit filings, expert requirements and jurisdictional requirements can be complex.
Tips In Filing A Medical Malpractice Claim
Follow these tips when filing a medical malpractice claim, Alpharetta, GA:
- Consult a medical malpractice attorney – It’s important that you schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable and experienced Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney before you do anything else. An attorney has the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to assess your case/claim. A medical malpractice attorney, Alpharetta at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC will also help you decide what the next step is.
- Collect proper medical records – One of the most vital aspects of a strong medical malpractice claim is the medical records. Make a formal written request of all your records from the medical office or hospital where the malpractice occurred.
- Determine the type of negligence – The next thing you should do is figure out the injury and type of negligence that occurred. An Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney will help you with this step. During this step, your lawyer will probably send your medical records to a reliable medical expert for review.
- Look into getting further expert review– It may be in your best interest to get additional expert review or advice once a medical malpractice attorney, Alpharetta, and his or her medical expert has reviewed your case. This is often necessary in cases where there was negligent care or when the judgment of a medical professional is in question.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
Various situations can lead to a medical malpractice claim — from a doctor failing to notify the patient that a prescribed drug might cause heart failure to leaving a sponge in the stomach of a patient during an operation. Medical malpractice claims fall into one of these categories:
- Failure to warn of known risks -Doctors have should warn patients of known risks of a course of treatment or procedure. This is referred to as the duty of informed consent. The doctor may be liable for medical malpractice if the procedure injures the patient, who never gave consent.
- Improper treatment –You could file a medical malpractice claim if a doctor treats you in a way that no other competent doctor would. Similarly, it may also be medical malpractice if the doctor selects the correct treatment, but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to diagnose – You may have a viable medical malpractice claim if a competent physician would’ve discovered your illness or made a different diagnosis, which in turn would’ve led to a better result than the one achieved.
Medical Malpractice Claim
A complex body of rules that vary considerably from one state to another regulates medical malpractice law. Therefore, it is often essential to get advice or representation from an Alpharetta medical malpractice attorney. Contact Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC today to schedule your free consultation. Call us at 470.268.5802.