Slip Fall Injuries Atlanta
Slip Fall Injuries
Accidents can occur anytime, and they most often result in slip fall injuries. But when something or someone outside of your control caused an accident that left you injured, you may have to use the available options for legal recourse.
A slip and fall accident refers to the unfortunate situations when an individual falls, trips or slips due to a dangerous condition on the property of someone else. It includes falls due to water, snow or ice, and the sudden changes in a bad lighting, flooring, or a hidden danger, such as a gap or hard-to-see hole in the ground. The National Center for Injury Prevention and Control estimates that over eight million people suffered from slip fall injuries.
Key Theories of Liability in Slip Fall Injuries
An injured person must prove one of the following claims to hold another party responsible for the injuries he or she suffered due to a slip and fall accident:
• A property owner (or their employee) caused the hazardous condition resulting in a slip and fall accident -by leaving a dangerous obstacle in the walking path, for instance — and it was quite predictable that someone would fall and trip because of the condition. OR
• A property owner (or their employee) should’ve identified a hazardous condition (i.e. an uneven walking surface or a pothole) and repaired or removed the potential hazard, but didn’t. The crucial question here is whether a reasonable individual would’ve recognized the condition as dangerous and whether the defendant had ample time to remedy the situation before the accident happened.
Slip Fall Accident Claims
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to get compensation for the costs and damages associated with your injuries. While every slip and fall claim is different, here are the common legal considerations to consider in each case:
· Slip and Fall Accident Claims -If you’re pursuing compensation for your injuries, you will have to file a slip and fall accident lawsuit or claim. When filing a lawsuit or claim in a slip and fall case, you’ll have to be prepared to submit evidence from a scene which shows the property owner knew about or should’ve known about, a dangerous condition which caused your injury.
· Slip and Fall Responsibility -Usually, the property owner could be responsible for your injuries if the person knew about the hazardous conditions OR should’ve known about the danger. Property owners must keep their premises safe, but won’t be responsible for slip and fall accidents that they couldn’t realistically prevent.
· Preventing Slip and Fall Responsibility -If you’re a small business owner or homeowner, getting an insurance can protect you from covering the costs of slip and fall accidents which happen on your property. While avoiding slip and fall accidents is ideal, an excellent business or home insurance plancan be a life saver if the guest slips or falls and injures themselves.
· Slip and Fall Attorneys -An experienced slip and fall lawyer in Alpharetta can be imperative to recovering the compensation you’re owed. Filing a slip and fall lawsuit or claim can be a difficult and frustrating process that’s made easier by the help of a highly qualified attorney.