Do I Have to Deal with Insurance Forms?

Do I Have to Deal with Insurance Forms?

If you’ve been in a Workers’ Compensation accident or have been in a Workers’ Compensation accident, you know that it’s no fun to go through. There’s many things that need to get done in a very short period of time. Also, you’re injured and not feeling well when you have to do these things. One of these is fill out forms. In any insurance claim, you have to fill out forms. Workers’ Compensation is no exception.

Dealing with Insurance Forms

When you have a new injury, you will need to fill out an initial report of injury, or a form WC-1, with your employer. Typically if you do not do this within the first 30 days of being injured, your claim won’t be accepted. The employer then sends this form into the injury company, and the insurance company then receives initial notice of the claim.

The injured worker must also fill in a WC-6, or wage statement, after he or she is injured so that the insurance company can determine the average weekly wage of the injured worker. In most states, the injured worker gets 2/3 of the average weekly wage.

Once you have seen a doctor, fill out the form WC-14, or initial notice of claim. Return a copy to the state board and the insurance company. Also provide a copy to your employer.

When you are initially injured, you will select from a panel of physicians. You choose from a doctor on that panel and treat with him at the insurer’s expense. You can also make one allowable change from one panel doctor to another one without having to consult the insurance company or the Workers’ Compensation Board first. You will have to file a form for any future changes, and get approval with the Workers’ Compensation Board if you obtain another panel doctor change.

If you decide to retain an attorney, you’ll file the appropriate paperwork with your attorney to notify the insurance company. The attorney will then file all future paperwork for you on your behalf. They will file the notice of attorney. They will even file all of your settlement paperwork for you so you don’t have to worry about that either.  Once you hire an attorney, you’ll need to file little to no forms with the insurance company. The attorney does all the state filing for you.

So if you’re overwhelmed by your claim forms and don’t know where to turn, contact Georgia attorney Bobe and Snell!


Insurance Form