DEATH CLAIMS GUIDE
As a matter of fact, fortunately rare, workplace deaths are still quite common and about 1 U.S worker die every two hours as a result of a work-related injury. Once compensability of a particular death claims is established, the next issue is to discover if the deceased worker has left any dependents behind.
In Georgia when a worker loses his/her life within the workplace premises, his/her dependents are often able to file what is known as the ‘death claim’. These death claims are provided for by the employer to the deceased dependents. Bobe & Snell help you file the death claim efficiently and handle the entire matter to give you time to grieve over your loved one while we manage your legal aspects.
Before starting the negotiation settlements in death claims, it is imperative to identify all the potential dependents of the departed loved one. The following people will be automatically considered to the next of kin wholly dependent on the support given under the name of the deceased employee.
- A husband or a wife, except if the husband/wife were living in separate houses for a period of 90 days prior to the accident.
- A child of the employee if:
- The child is under 18 years of age and enrolled in high-school
- The child is over 18 and is physically challenged and incapable of earning a livelihood.
- The child is under 22 and is a full-time student enrolled in a postsecondary institution of higher learning.
If you have recently lost a loved one to a workplace accident, let’s have a look at our guide and make the process relatively easier.
Step 1: Collect all documents
- Ensure you gather important documents such as the original death certificate
- For clients who possess retirement provision with death benefits:
- Final will and testament of the deceased
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce papers (in case of previous marriages)
Step 2: Fill in one of the claim forms:
You can submit your claim form electronically. You can either fill a death claim form, form of dependents and SAPS statement (only in case of unnatural death).
Step 3: Send completed documents to Bobe & Snell
Send all your documents to us using any of our mentioned contact details.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Our expert professional staff will assist you in getting your rights. Numerous employers turn their back as soon as the worker leaves this world and fight their best in avoiding fulfilling death claims. Go to https://workerscompensationlawyerga.com/wordpress/wordpress/ to fill your claims today and get the benefits you are eligible for. Contact us in Atlanta, GA for a free consultation at 470-268-5802 and speak to our expert lawyers today!