Atlanta Construction Injury Lawyers
Hiring Atlanta Construction Injury Lawyers
Construction is a dangerous job. Any act of negligence is all that’s needed to cause severe injury to a worker on a construction site. If you work in construction, you probably know that it is a dangerous occupation. One in ten construction workers is injured, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), every year. With a high likelihood of getting injured at work, it is important to have a proper plan on the deck just in case something happens to you. The good news is that Atlanta construction injury lawyers at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC are always ready to help you.
You should learn more about construction injury possibilities and what to do if you get injured. This will make things easier should you ever go down that road.
One thing that is important to be aware of if you do get injured is that finding a reliable Atlanta construction injury lawyer does not have to be a hassle, and it can help you significantly when it comes to sorting out critical issues like lost wages, medical bills, and more.
Common Construction Injuries
According to the CDC,falls account for about 22 percent of reported construction injuries, making them the most common type of injury associated with construction jobs. Fall scan occur on even flooring, off of ladders and roofs, off of scaffolding, oral most anywhere else at a construction site.
While you may think that an insurance company or a workers compensation claim will not cover falling from something, unless negligence at the workplace caused it, the truth is that many times, they are.
The most-violated OSHA standard is fall protection. If you are confused about how to get your case going for a construction injury, Atlanta construction injury lawyers at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC are more than happy to help you.
When you work with us,you will have access to experienced and reputable Atlanta construction injury lawyers who can walk you through the whole process of filing your worker’s compensation claim.
Other common injuries that can occur at construction sites include:
- Equipment and Machinery-Related Accidents – Heavy machinery can cause severe and fatal injuries if not used correctly and safely. Even if the machines are used safely, and according to their usage instructions, mistakes and accidents occur—a nail gun jamming and misfiring, a forklift malfunctioning, or a dumpster falling over unexpectedly can cause injuries that interfere with a worker’s ability to work. If the machinery isn’t kept in good working condition and causes many problems, you will need a competent Atlanta construction injury lawyer to help with your case/claim.
- Falling Objects – Construction sites are home to heavy equipment. Brain and spinal cord injuries can occur if something is unsecured and falls off of a higher level and onto a worker, even if he or she is wearing safety gear.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – Injuries caused by doing the same task over and over across a span of time.
- Stuck or Crushed Between Objects – These injuries are severe and need major medical attention. They can occur if a worker is crushed between equipment and walls,crushed by equipment while working, or large vehicles.
- Fires/Explosions and Resulting Burns – Injuries and burns caused by fires or explosions at construction sites are common, and hazardous conditions will play into how an Atlanta construction injury lawyer can help you.
- Overexertion– These injuries can be caused by things such as heat stress or heat stroke from being in the hot sun too long, or on the other side of the coin, frost bite or hypothermia. They can also be injuries from carrying, pulling, lifting,holding, or throwing objects.
Who Should You Contact If You’re Injured at Work?
If you’re injured at a construction site, do not worry. Working with an Atlanta construction injury lawyer at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC can be a significant help, especially when it comes to ensuring you get enough compensation to cover your bills and adjusting your pay to reflect that you have earned lost wages from the injury.
Atlanta Construction Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured at work, the first thing to do is notify your employer about your injury. Do this as early as you can—work injuries should be reported within seven days,but it cannot hurt to let the employer know a little earlier.
Next, you will want to consider talking to a construction injury attorney. You can contact our reliable Atlanta construction injury lawyers at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC for help. They can help you through the entire process of filing your compensation claim.
Call us today at 470.268.5802 or fill out our online contact form to schedule FREE consultation and evaluation ofyour construction injury case.