Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) statistics, up to 1.4 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury in the U.S. every year. Anything can cause brain injuries from car accidents to sports activities. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident, such as a severe concussion or head injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Under the law, you can recover damages with the help of an experienced and reputable Atlanta brain injury lawyer.
A brain injury – also known as traumatic brain injury, head trauma, brain damage, or concussion – can be catastrophic. The victims and their families will often face immense physical, psychological, and financial burdens.
It is not easy to cope with the impact of brain injuries, especially when it was a result of someone else’s negligence, and therefore, you will need fair monetary compensation to get your life back on track.
We fight aggressively for you
For over 25 years, Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC has been representing and fighting aggressively for victims of traumatic brain injuries and their families to help them get the justice and compensation that they deserve.
We have been representing clients in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Woodstock, and other areas throughout Georgia, and managed to recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for them. We are ranked as one of the most experienced, reputable, and successful law firms in Atlanta, particularly in handling personal injury cases and workers’ compensation claims.
Therefore, do hesitate to reach out to us if you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury that has adversely affected your life. We are ready and more than happy to help you seek justice in form of monetary compensation so that you can hold the at-fault party responsible for his/her negligence.
We offer a FREE, NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION and we won’t charge you any legal fees unless we win your case. Call now (470) 268-5802 or fill out our contact form to schedule your consultation.
Traumatic Brain Injury Causes
There are many causes of brain injuries, including a car accident, work-site accident, slip and fall, motorcycle accident, drowning, or other trauma. CDC keeps the records and statistics of traumatic brain injuries and concussions, and they provide the following top causes:
- Slip and falls
- Unintentional blunt trauma – for example, when a falling item hits you hard on the head at a construction site, it wound constitute unintentional blunt trauma.
- About 14% of brain injuries occur due to motor vehicle accidents. These accidents are also responsible for 26% of all deaths related to traumatic brain injuries.
- Physical assault may cause brain injuries. Violence causes about 10% of all brain injuries.
- Brain injuries can also occur due to medical malpractice. A patient may suffer serious brain damage due to lack of proper monitoring, or accidental oxygen deprivation during a medical procedure.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Blast Injury – It’s a head injury that results from an explosion.
- Closed Head Injury – It’s a type of traumatic brain injury in which the skull remains intact but injury occurs internally. These injuries result in a brain bleed, concussion, pressure on the brain, or other trauma and can be extremely serious. Common causes include car accidents, falls, and blunt force that causes the head and neck to jolt forward or backward and subsequently, the brain to strike against the skull. Closed head injuries are the most common type of traumatic brain injury.
- Penetrating Head Injury – A penetrating head trauma can either involve a break or fracture in the skull, often by a foreign object or against the ground.
Brain Injury Symptoms
Brain injuries often go undiagnosed and they are more common than many people realize. The CDC statistics show that over 1.5 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury every year. As a result, 50,000 people lose their lives while 85,000 suffer a long-term disability.
Those who have suffered a long-term disability or lost a loved one deserve compensation for the damages incurred due to traumatic brain injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence. An Atlanta brain injury lawyer can help you to file a claim or case against the liable party to pursue compensation.
Severe head trauma can impair both physical and cognitive functions or even render the victim comatose, but even seemingly minor accidents can cause severe brain injuries. It is important to know the signs and symptoms of traumatic brain injuries so that you can seek treatment as quickly as possible. These include:
- Sleep problems
- Memory loss
- Slurred speech due to trouble finding words
- Changes in vision or hearing
- Emotional changes, depression, etc.
Why Do I Need An Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer?
If you or your loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident that occurred due to someone else’s negligence, it is essential to consult an attorney who specializes in traumatic brain injury cases. Brain injury attorneys at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC will answer all your questions and handle your case/claim on your behalf so that you can focus on healing.
We have a team of investigators, industry experts, medical professionals that we work closely with while fighting to get you compensation for your losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning power
Furthermore, we believe that legal fees shouldn’t stand in your way of seeking justice and you deserve the best legal representation possible so that you can get compensation for your brain injury. You shouldn’t worry about how to raise money for legal fees. That is why we don’t charge any legal fees unless we get you the compensation. We will not ask you to pay anything upfront or out of your pocket.
Statute of Limitations
Keep in mind that states have different statutes of limitations for brain injury cases, which means that you must file the case against the person or entity responsible for your injury within the stipulated timeline.
Since states have set strict deadlines for personal injury cases, you should contact an experienced Atlanta brain injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case and the legal options available for you.
Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer
You can count on our personal injury attorneys at Bobe & Snell Law Office LLC to offer you the best legal representation as you pursue compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (470) 268-5802 or fill out our online contact form to request a free consultation. You can also chat online with one of our representatives.
Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer